YIELD: 4 servings
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
8 ounce of cream cheese, sliced
1 12 ounce jar of roasted red peppers, sliced
1 bunch of spinach, whole leaves
1/4 teaspoon of salt
1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
1/2 tablespoon of dry basil
1 medium tomato, cut into small squares
1/2 medium white onion, cut into squares
1 4 ounce can of tomato sauce
1/4 cup of water
pinch of salt and pepper
1 medium size lemon
1. Butterfly the chicken breasts by slicing into the long side of the breast, stopping just about 1/4 of an inch from the opposite side. Lay the chicken breast onto your cutting board opened up. Sprinkle the exposed sides of the chicken breast with dry basil, salt and pepper.
2. Stack about four to five leaves of spinach, two slices of roasted peppers, and two slices of the cream cheese. Fold the top flap of the chicken over, tucking in the spinach, peppers, and cream cheese. Seal with tooth picks. Sprinkle with the remaining of the basil, salt and pepper.
3. Grease a casserole dish pan, to medium heat. Place the chicken and cover with lid. Cook at medium temperature for about twenty minutes on each side, until the chicken is fully cooked inside. Serve over tomato sauce, enjoy!
1. Grease a sauce pan to medium heat, place tomatos and onions. Stir for about five minutes, until onions are translucent.
2. Add tomato sauce, water and seasoning. Continuing to stir. Squeeze lemon juice and taste for flavor. Cook for another five minutes and your sauce is ready.
Photo and Recipe © of Jessica Miranda